CBS has picked up the rebooted Magnum P.I. series from Peter Lenkov, the same man who brought us new takes on Hawaii Five-O and MacGyver. Taking over the iconic role of Thomas Magnum made famous in the ’80s by Tom Selleck is Jay Hernandez (Suicide Squad). When talk of the reboot started, folks wondered about some of the trademark look of Magnum… the Detroit Tigers hat, the big mustache, the red Ferrari, and the Hawaiian shirts. Well, CBS has released the first official photos, and they got the Ferrari at least.
Based on the classic series, the show will follow Thomas Magnum (Hernandez), an ex-Navy SEAL, who returns from Afghanistan and used his military skills as a private investigator. He will have help from two fellow vets, Orville ‘Rick’ Wright (Zachary Knighton) and Theodore ‘TC’ Calvin (Stephen Hill), plus a disavowed MI-6 agent named Juliet Higgins (Perdita Weeks). Magnum takes on the cases no one else can handle — or so the pitch says.
If you follow the below tweet back to the Mangum P.I. page you’ll see that the general reaction to the photo has not been very positive.
— Magnum P.I. (@MagnumPICBS) May 14, 2018
- Moonstone Brings The Avenger: Double Feature to Stores This September - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Mysterious Girl and Her Big Mistake - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: What Happened to the Season Finale Big Bad Tease? - May 23, 2018
- Captain Marvelous: Zachary Levi Joins Amazon Studios’ Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - May 23, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Kara and Mon-El Speed Off to Meet [Spoiler] - May 23, 2018