This week we continue our look at Atom Age Horror with I Married a Monster from Outer Space. We cover the luridly named paranoid SF movie — a film rife with subtext about homophobia, gender roles, and the claustrophobia of small-town America.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
Castle of Horror/Castle Talk Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or on YouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, one of the writers for Bungie’s Destiny 2 and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing; Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man; Tony Salvaggio, lead singer of the band Deserts of Mars, lead guitarist of the band Rise from Fire, and co-creator of Clockwerx from Humanoids; attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver; and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle Talk: ‘The Birth of the American Horror Film’ Traces Horror Back to Some Very Weird Roots - May 23, 2018
- Castle of Horror: Body Snatchers Still Chills with Its Message of Dangerous Conformity - May 21, 2018
- Castle of Horror: ‘I Married a Monster from Outer Space’ Is a 1950s Nightmare of Closeted Marital Misery - May 14, 2018
- Castle of Horror: Get Ready for Atomic Big Bugs with ‘Them!’, Plus We Dish on Infinity War - May 7, 2018
- Castle Talk: Larry Blamire, Creator of Lost Skeleton, on Never Having Enough Time - May 2, 2018