As you may or not be aware, Activision and Treyarch are gearing up for a big reveal of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this week with a major livestream taking place this Thursday. As part of their attempt to get you interested in it, the company is now teasing it happening on Twitter. Below is the first tweet leading up to the reveal that will take place later this week, show a gif that looks like someone loading and aiming a gun, along with the date of May 17th.
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) May 13, 2018
Take from that what you want, as obviously, it doesn’t really reveal much beyond the idea that the color orange will still play a big part in the branding of this series compared to previous incarnations. But at least they got people guessing on Reddit and social media as to what the imagery could mean — if it has any kind of double meaning. The game is set to be released on October 12th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. We’re pretty sure we’ll be seeing some kind of preview of the game at E3 as well next month to let fans get a first-hand taste of the demo.
- Call of Duty VP Addresses Fan Criticism Over Black Ops 4's Non-Campaign
- Blackout Was in the Works for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for a Year
- You Will Not Be Getting Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on the Switch
- The Big Takeaways from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Classic Perks Return to Call of Duty: WWII with the Throwback Moshpit
- Treyarch Joins in on The Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombie Tease
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombie Mode Leaked by E3 Coliseum
- Activision is Apparently Putting More Resources into Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for PC
- Treyarch Teases Multiplayer Perk System for Call of Duty Black Ops 4