A lot of people have been lamenting over the fact that the Virtual Console won’t be coming to the Nintendo Switch. But that’s okay, because other indie developers are filling the gap with their own retro-themed games, such as Alwa’s Awakening. This morning, Elden Pixels announced that the 8-bit adventure title would be coming to the Nintendo Switch this summer, giving you that old-school 8-bit nostalgia feeling all over again.
You can check out our review of the game at this link in case you’re curious what it’s all about. Meanwhile, here’s the official description of the game and the features coming to the Switch version, including the announcement trailer for you to check out.
Use your magic staff and progress through a large interconnected world where you’ll solve puzzles, fight enemies and defeat bosses in order to help free the land of Alwa. Explore and uncover the secrets by using your platforming skills in this challenging and charming 8-bit adventure game.
– A new challenging NES-inspired adventure game
– Use the magic staff to solve puzzles and defeat enemies
– Find and unlock upgrades to your items and abilities
– Explore a large interconnected map in true ‘Metroidvania’ style
– Listen to a completely new 8-bit soundtrack with over 25 new original tracks
- Wanna Play Fantasy Yard Sale? Give Yard Tale a Try
- From the Rumor Mill: Will We Be Getting a Pokémon Switch Announcement Soon?
- Nicalis Shows Off Crystal Crisis at BitSummit for Nintendo Switch
- It Appears Telltale's Batman: The Enemy Within is Headed to Nintendo Switch
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Receives a Fifth Character Trailer
- Waxing 8-Bit Nostalgic With Alwa's Awakening
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018
- Sean Bean is Announced as the First Hitman 2 Elusive Target - October 17, 2018
- SNK 40th Anniversary Edition Announced First Batch of DLC Content - October 17, 2018