Devolver Digital made the announcement this weekend that they will finally be releasing Fork Parker’s Crunch Out in partnership with Mega Cat Studios and Take This for an SNES version complete with cartridge and box art. The game basically focuses on the life of being a game developer and how your projects often end up in development hell, with the title character from Serious Sam HD‘s promotional video as the lead. We have the complete game description and its features below, as you can pre-order the game here for $50.
Devolver Digital CFO, Fork Parker, enjoyed a life of luxury and spent his days watching the profits roll in from the lucrative indie game publishing industry. However, an upstart new publishing label threatens to take his beloved market share, forcing the handsome executive to take matters into his own hands and start ‘motivating’ his game developers by any means necessary. Meaningless elements like “artistic integrity” and “engaging gameplay” are out the window as efficiency and deadlines now dictate the studio’s every move – welcome to crunch time.
- Furious task management and questionable motivation tactics are your tools. Coffee, discipline, and shock treatment are all in play if your team slips off their production schedule.
- Spend your profits from each game wisely – do you invest in a new espresso machine to keep the your dev team happy, or buy some winged wingtips to help you zip around the office?
- Deploy strategic power-ups, like unpaid interns working for exposure and mandatory overtime to stay on track and hit that release date.
- Take executive action in exciting and intense mini-games to keep his office in order. When the internet drops out or your beloved wife calls in, only Fork and his pet piggy bank, Pork Farker, can save the game and the bottom line.
- Wanna Play Fantasy Yard Sale? Give Yard Tale a Try
- Boss Key Productions Shutting Down, According to Founder
- Playing as Cartoonish Co-Op Heroes in The Swords of Ditto
- Genital Jousting is Getting What You All Hoped for: Story Mode
- Flow Like Water Combo: A Quick Review Of 'Absolver'
- Examining All That Devolver Digital Had To Offer At PAX West
- Devolver Digital Offer To Showcase Games From Those Affected By Trump's 'Travel Ban' At GDC This Month
- Ubisoft Teases Fans About Its Pre-E3 Event - May 24, 2018
- The Sims 4 is Getting a New Expansion Bringing in the Seasons - May 24, 2018
- From The Rumor Mill: Are We Getting Dying Light 2 at E3? - May 24, 2018
- Capcom Examines the History of the Street Fighter Alpha Series in Latest Video - May 24, 2018
- Ubisoft Reveals Their Next DLC for Far Cry 5 in Hours of Darkness Trailer - May 24, 2018