It was the world premiere of Solo: A Star Wars Story the other day so all sorts of new information is coming out about the movie from various red carpet interviews. Kathleen Kennedy was on the carpet and got a chance to talk to HeyUGUys about how excited she was to work with legendary Star Wars writer Lawrence Kasdan.
“It is so exciting, we are going to see how Han met Chewie, and I think a lot if people are wondering how that happened, so it’s pretty exciting. I got to work with Larry Kasdan who had done The Empire Strikes Back and [Return of the] Jedi, and he worked with his son on this movie, Jon Kasdan. So I think that was one of the most enjoyable things because Larry really knows this story, and he really knows the characters, so we were finding lots of little new details that we could put in this film.”
The problem with a prequel, and the main thing this movie is going to have to overcome, is whether or not it’s going to make a larger impact on the Star Wars universe. Is anything we learn in this movie really going to change anything or is it going to be rather inconsequential? There’s nothing wrong with it being the latter but we’ll have to see what ends up happening.
Summary: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- Did Tom Holland Just Reveal the Title to the Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel? - June 23, 2018
- Todd Mcfarlane Says the Production for Spawn Will Be Very Low Key - June 23, 2018
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic-Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller ‘Searching’ - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and The Wasp Featurette, Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018