A cool little piece of news from BitSummit in Kyoto this weekend as developer Inti Creates announced that they would be bringing Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX to the Nintendo Switch, most likely for a 2019 release. The company released artwork and a few screenshots of the game, along with a brief description and an announcement trailer, both of which we have below. Beyond that, however, the company didn’t really hand out many details as the primary focus of their event was on Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. The game will feature Copen, who is the primary anti-hero of the series, as he looks a lot like he did in their previous title, Azure Striker Gunvolt, which was released back in 2014.
Luminous Avenger iX is a new title in the universe of the Gunvolt series, which began with 2014’s Nintendo 3DS eShop title “Azure Striker Gunvolt,” which was followed by 2016’s “Azure Striker Gunvolt 2.” This new title sees Gunvolt series anti-hero “Copen” take the starring role. The Inti Creates team is hard at work on this project centering around this popular character from the Gunvolt universe, and more details are to be announced this summer, so look forward to hearing more info soon!
- Nintendo is Bringing Back the NES & SNES Classic Editions in June
- The European Nintendo eShop Gives Punch Club a Release Date
- Nintendo Switch's Version of Minecraft to Get Cross-Platform Play
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Coming to Nintendo Switch in August
- Virtual Console is Not Coming to the Nintendo Switch (But There is an Alternative)
- Fairune Collection is Coming to Nintendo Switch in a Couple Weeks