Sometimes you need to make decisions very quickly and for Josh Brolin he had very little time to consider whether or not he wanted to make on the role of Cable in Deadpool 2. The actor was recently interviewed by Yahoo! Movies and he talked about when he got the call to play yet another iconic Marvel character.
“I was in the middle of doing Avengers, and I got this script, and it was kind of like a decision that had to be made in either a day, or hours, or something like that. They said ‘Look, it was supposed to be somebody else, and that’s not working out, and there’s a problem with that, so you have to read this and decide’,” explains Brolin.
Brolin was smack in the middle of one of the biggest productions of all time and now was being asked to take on yet another tent pole blockbuster. He hesitated until his wife reminded him that it was a simple question of whether or not he liked the role.
“And I was really reticent at first. I didn’t get told ‘this is going to be huge’ kinda thing – and I hate that – I’m not going to do something just because it’s going to be huge. And then my wife was the one who said ‘Why? Just read it. It’s pretty simple. You don’t have to think through this, just read it and if you don’t like it, don’t do it, and you do, do it.’ And she was absolutely right, and I read it. And I laughed for however long it took me to read it, and that was it. I was in.”
The early screenings of Deadpool 2 are praising Brolin for his take on the character and his chemistry with co-star Ryan Reynolds is exactly what fans of this duo would expect. They play off of each other very well and it sounds like Brolin was right to take on the role. However, considering that shooting schedule between the two movies, we don’t blame him for hesitating.
Summary(?): After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.
Deadpool 2, directed by David Leitch, stars Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, T.J. Miller, Josh Brolin, Brianna Hildebrand, and Zazie Beetz. It will be released on May 18th.
- How Peter, Our Favorite Member of Deadpool 2's X-Force, Came to Be
- Deadpool 2: Josh Brolin Talks his 4-Picture Deal as Cable
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018