It’s been a bloody week for TV fans as over 20 shows got the ax in the last seven days. We have some that are hanging their hopes on last second saves, others have sat into resignation, others are sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for a comment, and others are celebrating another renewal. Fans of CBS’s Sherlock Holmes adaptation have been in the resignation camp for the better part of a year between the end of the fifth season and the beginning of the sixth. The long delay surely meant that the show was on its last legs, but TV Line is reporting that the show has been picked up for a seventh season.
The show kicked off Season 6 just two weeks ago. Its opener drew 4.7 million viewers and an 0.6 demo rating — up slightly from its Season 5 finale. Although far from a ratings powerhouse, the show is a a huge international player for CBS.
So it sounds like we have international viewers to thank for saving this underrated show.
Elementary was mocked when it first came out saying it was trying to copy that BBC version of the show. As the seasons have gone on it has become one of the most underrated shows. The chemistry between stars Lucy Liu and Johnny Lee Miller is just fantastic, and it’s so nice to see a show where there isn’t a hint of the “will they/won’t they” dynamic. While the first season got off to a rough start after the first half or so it really picks up and is worth checking out. The sixth season just started on April 30th and airs on Monday at 10 p.m./9 p.m. Central.
- Avengers: Infinity War – Russo Brothers Explain How They Chose Thanos’ Victims - August 14, 2018
- Runaways Season 2: First Image, Promo, and Synopsis - August 14, 2018
- Ryan Gosling Talks About Getting the Details Right in ‘First Man’ - August 14, 2018
- Crazy Rich Asians Review: One of the Best Romantic Comedies in Years - August 14, 2018
- Jimmy Wong and Doua Moua Join the Cast of Mulan as Ling and Po - August 14, 2018