The first season of Black Lightning is done, and the writers should be starting up plans for season 2 — but that doesn’t mean the actors aren’t out there still being heroes. A new video shows Cress Williams, Marvin ‘Krondon’ Jones III, Christina Adams, China Ann McClain, and Nafessa Williams visiting the Austin, Texas chapter of the Boys & Girls Club where they visited with with the kids, signed autographs, gave away shirts, and handed off a check for $15,000. And you have to love that it was one of those big celebration checks done up with Black Lightning graphics. I wonder if they can take that to the bank and cash it.
Black Lightning made its series debut in January and follows a retired superhero named Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams), who returns to action when his daughters (Williams, McClain) become endangered and Tobias Whale (Jones) — the man who killed Jefferson’s father — returns to town. The series was created by Salim Akil and Mara Brock Akil and produced by Greg Berlanti. The first season ran for 13 episodes which are now available on Netflix, and The CW renewed the series for a second season. The show is not considered part of the Arrowverse, but it is often promoted the same way as The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: How Will They Bring Back [Spoiler]? - June 21, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s David Morrissey Signs on to Good Omens - June 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1: It’s Even Better the Second Time Around - June 21, 2018
- Jeff Parker and Bob Q Team for James Bond Origin - June 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger Season 1: Has Tyrone Found His Cloak? - June 21, 2018