Kurt Bollers is the brother of Valiant editor Karl Bollers. He’s a well known comic book dealer, from shows all across the country. And on June 30th, Kurt is opening a brand new comic book store in Manhattan’s West Village called West Village Comics.
He tells me ‘It’s going to be a mom and pop-themed shop like the ones we used to visit as children. No comic boxes, just long wooden bins and showcases.’
And he is looking for a little help on GoFundMe. He writes ‘after all these years of doing comic book conventions traveling all over the country setting up at various shows. I have developed degenerative arthritis in my lower back. I might have to give up doing conventions soon. A business opportunity has developed where I would be able to open and run a comic book store in a good section of my neighborhood. Which would keep me in a set permanent location.’
I get the feeling that the opening event will be quite the thing, if he invites a few of his friends.
Will you be there for opening night?
Bleeding Cool covers the closing – and opening – of comic book stores. We’re more likely to discover the former rather than the latter as the result of an active fanbase, so please let us know when a new store in your neighbourhood is opening: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erik Burnham’s Writer’s Commentary on Red Sonja #22 - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Liquidates Hardcovers to Comic Stores - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Sends Shuri, Venom, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Spider-Geddon, X-Men Black for Second Printings - October 19, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 19th October 2018 – Happy Birthday Jim Starlin - October 19, 2018
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018