As a general rule, the success of a movie has not typically translated to higher comic book sales of related properties, but that isn’t going to stop Dark Horse Comics from trying, dammit! With a new Predator movie directed by Shane Black headed to theaters in September, Dark Horse has announced two upcoming Predator comic books.
First, there’s Predator: Hunters II, teaming senior Dark Horse Editor Chris Warner (the artist from the original Predator comics from 1989) with artist Agustin Padilla for a “blood-drenched” adventure, promising “new bloody action.”
Since the beginning of time, Predators have come to Earth from their home among the stars to stalk and kill the strongest of humans for sport. But now the tables have turned, and a group of human hunters has set their sights on the Predators. But they soon find out they are competing with a mysterious government agency that is after the same prey. The hunt is on, and only the strongest and smartest will survive!
That one hits stores on August 8th. But if that isn’t enough, Dark Horse is also planning to release Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1 in August. That’s a 368-page paperback retailing for $24.99, and promising, according to the press release, “blood-soaked nostalgia.”
Before the 1990s film Predator 2, Dark Horse released a full-color comics sequel to one of the greatest action films of all time written by Mark Verheiden and illustrated by comics mainstays Chris Warner and Ron Randall. This was to become just the beginning of an ongoing line of many Predator tales. Collecting Predator: Concrete Jungle, Predator: Cold War, and Predator: Dark River, Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1 TPB is a value package for those who value action.
Predator: The Essential Comics Volume 1 TPB hits stores on December 12th, 2018.
- Discussing Canadian Politics at the Dinner Table in Champions Annual #1 - December 15, 2018
- Scarlet Spider’s Continuity is Too Convoluted for the Inheritors to Swallow in Next Week’s Spider-Geddon Finale - December 15, 2018
- How Much Bitcoin Does it Cost to Kill Steve Rogers? Next Week’s Captain America #6 - December 15, 2018
- Rob Liefeld’s Levis Remembered in Next Week’s Seasons Beatings - December 15, 2018
- Millennials and Their Job Ghosting in Next Week’s Black Panther vs. Deadpool #3 - December 15, 2018