Back in March, we found out that Jon Favreau would be showrunner of an upcoming live-action Star Wars television show for Disney’s streaming service. Since then, we haven’t heard much about the production, and considering this is the first time a live-action show has been done no one was expecting much.
Favreau was on the red carpet for Solo: A Star Wars Story last night (he’s the voice of the alien Rio Durant) and was asked by the Nerdist when his television show is going to take place. He confirmed that it’s going to take place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
Exclusive: @Jon_Favreau confirms that his live action #StarWars series takes place 7 years after Battle of Endor, between #ReturnOfTheJedi and #TheForceAwakens. Will feature all new characters, using cutting edge tech a la THE JUNGLE BOOK. Story coming to @nerdist… pic.twitter.com/iRyPS8hPDR
— Dan Casey (@DanCasey) May 11, 2018
Favreau is also taking the experiences he’s had on The Jungle Book and The Lion King and photo-realistic creatures to this show. If they’re using that technology it means that Disney has given him a rather large budget. That’s not that surprising considering this is Star Wars and how much money it tends to make.
We have no release date for the upcoming Star Wars television show thus yet, but the Netflix competition series says that it is expected to debut next year in 2019.
- 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Has the Deepest of EU Cuts [Spoiler-Free Review]
- More Details Revealed About Colin Trevorrow's Firing from Star Wars: Episode IX
- Jon Favreau Says [SPOILER] Is In Avengers: 4
- Watch: Live From 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Red Carpet In Los Angeles
- Solo: A Star Wars Story - New TV Spot and Clip
- Mortal Engines: Hera Hilmar Talks Her Unique Protagonist at NYCC - October 13, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Peter Jackson Talks Creating a Distinct World at NYCC - October 13, 2018
- Marvel and Netflix Cancel Iron Fist - October 12, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Has Secured a Deal to Write and Direct Black Panther 2 - October 12, 2018
- The Gifted 2×04 ‘outMatched’ Promo, Summary, and Pictures - October 12, 2018