It seems as if GameStop seems to have a new issue come up every few months these days, and the latest has left the company temporarily without anyone at the helm. This week, CEO Michael Mauler resigned from his position just three months into the job. According to Variety, the decision had nothing to do with the company or anything having to do with the job but instead was done for personal reasons. Here’s a brief snippet from the article, in which a spokesperson for the retail chain addresses the matter.
“His resignation is not due to any disagreement with the Company regarding its financial reporting, policies or practices or any potential fraud relating thereto,” a spokesperson told Variety.
The company’s Board of Directors appointed co-founder Daniel DeMatteo as interim chief executive officer. He will also continue to serve as executive chairman and director.
“Given my tenure and familiarity with the company and our associates, it’s a natural step for me to assume this role and guide the business at this time while the board searches for a permanent CEO,” DeMatteo said. “I’m happy to have Rob Lloyd, our CFO, and his 22 years of experience with GameStop alongside me as we work towards executing against our 2018 objectives. We continue to believe in GameStop and the many passionate associates that drive our business and are encouraged by the opportunities ahead of us.”
This won’t affect day-to-day operations at GameStop, but it definitely raises some concerns as to how things are being run at the top. We’ll see who gets the job next as they look for a replacement.
- Heading to GameStop? Check out their Star Wars Gear for May the Fourth
- Ready to See Avengers: Infinity War? Step Out in Style with GameStop
- Man Robs a GameStop in Georgia Wearing a Clear Plastic Bag
- Retailers Reassured That GameStop Won't Steal Their Business as Bloodborne Comic Gets Ongoing
- Funko Star Wars Movie Moments and Gamestop Exclusive Spidey Coming Soon
- Quantic Dream Releases Their First Short Film for Detroit: Become Human - May 22, 2018
- Halo: Fireteam Raven is Not Interfearing With Halo 6’s Development - May 22, 2018
- Nintendo’s Latest Trademark Points to a Mini N64 Release - May 22, 2018
- Sega is Giving Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 Remasters on PS4 - May 22, 2018
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Will Be Coming to EVO 2018 - May 22, 2018