Shohei Ohtani is being immortalized as a Funko Pop. A two-pack, to be exact. The two-way sensation will have a Pop on the mound as a pitcher and as a batter ready to blast some home runs (but only in home games). No exact date has been given for the release, but Entertainment Earth has a preorder up already that lists August as an on sale date. The price will be $19.99.
He’s crushing homeruns as a DH, and striking fear into hitters as a
starting pitcher – the two-way sensation is here!
Funko is thrilled to reveal Shohei Ohtani is joining
our series of Major League Baseball Pop!
Known as the “Japanese Babe Ruth”, Ohtani-fever has gripped
fans of baseball since making his MLB debut
with the Los Angeles Angels this season.
Ohtani is featured in this special Pop! 2-pack showcasing this
rising star as both a hitter and on the mound.
Add this once in a lifetime player to your
Pop! collection later this season!
Ohtani so far this year on the mound has posted 3-1 record while sporting a 4.10 ERA and striking out 32. That is pretty standard stuff until you realize that he is also putting up numbers from the plate. He is hitting a fantastic .354 with five home runs and six RBI’s and an OPS of 1.077. Most importantly he has brought quite a few new eyeballs to baseball this year. Not since the great Ichiro has an international player taken center stage like this. If he keeps up this pace he is a shoe-in for Rookie of the Year honors in the American League — and it will be well deserved. the collectors market around Ohtani has reached a fever pitch as well, with his baseball cards selling into the hundreds and his autograph for thousands.
Look for this two-pack to go quickly.
- Godzilla Gets a Humongous New S.H. Monsterarts Figure - May 18, 2018
- Doctor Strange Avengers: Infinity War Hot Toy Coming in 2019 - May 18, 2018
- Pacific Rim Collectors Will Want This Gipsy Danger Bust from Diamond Select Toys - May 18, 2018
- Diamond Select Toys Releasing New Deadpool, Cable, and Domino Statues This Summer - May 18, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Review: Come for Deadpool, Stay for Cable and Domino [Spoiler Free] - May 18, 2018