Destiny 2‘s secret hunters have found what they believe is a complicated puzzle in the Warmind expansion. The puzzle itself comes from a symbol found on a wall in the bunker that was host to the warmind Rasputin — the martian bunker, that is. The symbol stands out to players because it looks like a giant lock surrounded by keys and sigils. So naturally, players are looking to figure out what exactly that symbol stands for.
From Kotaku‘s report on the puzzle:
The madness started when Destiny 2 players found an elaborate symbol on a wall in the bunker of Rasputin, the sentient robot who everyone thought lived on Earth but apparently was actually on Mars the whole time because Destiny. The art immediately stands out as something worth noticing—it’s a big lock surrounded by keys and other symbols.
The intrepid secret hunters of r/raidsecrets have already started making incredible guesses as to what this could all mean, compiling their theories here. It is difficult to overstate how deep this rabbit hole goes. Some players have tracked down symbols in the wild and tried to put them together, like a big, abstract jigsaw puzzle. Some have drawn connections between the puzzle and classical music notation. There’s even a secret message in Braille.
The running theory is that each portion of the symbol in Rasputin’s bunker corresponds to a step of the puzzle, and that once it’s all decoded, following each step in order will lead to some sort of cool reward.
Knowing Bungie, the symbol is indeed a reference to something, and that thing may very well be a hidden loot box. However, the fact that the mystery has held for this long indicates that it might be a bit more involved than just a cool piece of kit. It may also be a while until we can actually complete it. So for now, the mystery will have to be its own reward.
- Bungie Makes a Few Armor Tweaks and More in Destiny 2
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018
- Fortnite’s Mysterious Rifts are Now Spawning Item Drops - July 9, 2018
- Holographic Popstar Hatsune Miku Joins the Cast of Master of Eternity - July 9, 2018