Many fans were sad to see reports that Paul Blackthorne was leaving Arrow at the end of the season. The actor has played Quentin Lance since the pilot episode, moving from detective to captain all the way to now being the Mayor. The character is also the father of Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), who both ended up being vigilantes. When the announcement was made, it was said we’d find out where he was going soon… now we know that it’s The InBetween.
Blackthorne will join Harriet Dyer in the new NBC series The InBetween that just got picked up for the 2018-2019 schedule. A supernatural police procedural, the series follows Cassie Bishop (Dyer) who was born with the ability to communicated with the dead, whether she wants to or not. She gets asked by a longtime friend, Detective Tom Hackett (Blackthorne) to help solve a particularly dark murder. She agrees, and while she is reluctant, she finds that it helps her keep some of her demons at bay.
Hackett’s partner in the series is former FBI Agent Damien Asante, who was played by Yusuf Gatewood in the pilot but is being recast for the series. Also in the cast are Anne-Marie Johnson, Cindy Luna and Chad James Buchanan. Moria Kirkland from Madam Secretary and Castle is executive producer and writer on the series.
- Arrow Season 7: Which Version of Roy Harper are We Getting? - May 24, 2018
- Read Warlords of Mars #1 with the J. Scott Campbell Cover that Inspired the Dejah Thoris Statue - May 24, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD: What is the Final Fate of Graviton - May 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: The Threat From Ricardo Diaz May Be Far From Over - May 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 5: How Will Iris and Barry Deal with the Mysterious Girl - May 24, 2018