Overkill has released a trailer for a new character in their co-op shooter The Walking Dead, based on the popular zombie-laden franchise.
Overkill’s The Walking Dead has been gestating for a long while. For years the creators of Payday have been harping on about the licenced game, set to be some kind of co-op zombie shooter, but even though its been years since its announcement, we are still no closer to knowing exactly what the game is. No gameplay has hit yet, but over the last few months the developer has been showing off animated shorts about the protagonists in the game. Thus far we’ve had two and it’s time for yet another one.
This time, the developer is showing off Grant, a rather grizzled old man who seems to have an affinity for telling stories to anyone who will listen, including a jawless zombie. The trailer looks great and it’s a cute little introduction to the character who is trying to reach his granddaughter. You can check it out here:
It feels about time we should be getting a better idea of what this game is and what it is looking like now but these character vignettes do certainly look good thus far. If they can translate the look and tone of this into the moment to moment, there could definitely be something worthwhile here. There hasn’t been a great Walking Dead action game yet, so here’s hoping this finally breaks that curse.
Overkill’s The Walking Dead is due out in Fall 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Sony Reveals Information About Its PlayStation E3 Showcase
- Battlefield 1943 is Available on Xbox One by Way of Backwards Compatibility - May 25, 2018
- God of War has Supassed 5 Million Copies Sold - May 25, 2018
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018