Overkill has released a trailer for a new character in their co-op shooter The Walking Dead, based on the popular zombie-laden franchise.
Overkill’s The Walking Dead has been gestating for a long while. For years the creators of Payday have been harping on about the licenced game, set to be some kind of co-op zombie shooter, but even though its been years since its announcement, we are still no closer to knowing exactly what the game is. No gameplay has hit yet, but over the last few months the developer has been showing off animated shorts about the protagonists in the game. Thus far we’ve had two and it’s time for yet another one.
This time, the developer is showing off Grant, a rather grizzled old man who seems to have an affinity for telling stories to anyone who will listen, including a jawless zombie. The trailer looks great and it’s a cute little introduction to the character who is trying to reach his granddaughter. You can check it out here:
It feels about time we should be getting a better idea of what this game is and what it is looking like now but these character vignettes do certainly look good thus far. If they can translate the look and tone of this into the moment to moment, there could definitely be something worthwhile here. There hasn’t been a great Walking Dead action game yet, so here’s hoping this finally breaks that curse.
Overkill’s The Walking Dead is due out in Fall 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018
- PlayStation Network Name Changes Are Finally Coming - October 11, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Currently Has The Most Concurrent Players In Franchise History on Steam - October 9, 2018
- Sony Has Acknowleged that the Next PlayStation is on the Way - October 9, 2018