At long last, after fourteen months on the market, Nintendo has announced that they will have a new way for you to play the switch as they are releasing an adjustable charging stand for the console this year. The product won’t be available until July 13th and it will run you about $20, but this is basically a cool and portable solution to some of your gaming woes with the Switch. While the console does come with a kickstand in the back, the issue people have been having with it is that the charging port is also on the bottom, meaning you can’t charge the console while using it in a mobile mode.
This small addition fixes that as they essentially created a mini-dock that you plug the power cord into on one end while this rests on the port in the stand to charge it. At least, that’s what it looks like, we won’t really know until Nintendo releases it in a couple months. Here’s some additional info from the company’s press release this morning.
The angle of the stand can also be adjusted to create the best viewing angle for different environments. Nintendo Switch can be played in three modes: TV mode, Handheld mode and Tabletop mode. Tabletop mode lets players set up the Nintendo Switch system to play games on the go without the need for a TV. The compact and sturdy stand will work with any flat surface, like a tray table on an airplane or a dorm room desk. While not required, the adjustable charging stand makes playing in Tabletop mode more convenient.
- Nintendo Shares New Details About Switch Online Service
- Sega President Wants a Sonic Comeback as Much as We Do
- Portal Knights Now Has a Free Demo in the Nintendo eShop
- Nintendo is Seeking Level Designers for The Legend of Zelda
- Someone Already Made a GameCube Classic Mini Console
- The First Ever University Esports Hub Launches in UK as the NSE - August 16, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege Teases New Operative Ahead of Six Major Paris - August 16, 2018
- Overwatch League Will Add a Team in Toronto Next Season - August 16, 2018
- Rinoa Heartilly Joins the Roster of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - August 16, 2018
- The Endless Mission is Receiving a Beta After PAX West - August 16, 2018