Deadpool is celebrating his two-year cinematic anniversary with a new film in theaters next week. On top of that, there is a new Best Buy exclusive Steelbook version of the first film available! This release of the film comes with two discs- one with the film on 4k Ultra HD. The other is the original blu ray disc from the first release with all of the original special features. Finally, a digital copy is included.
The Steelbook features new key art on the cover and inside the disc tray. The art is pretty fantastic. Using gray and white as the accents instead of black was genius. The original Steelbook for Deadpool was boring and plain, it was just a half the logo and a black background. To be fair, the back of this one is just a small Deadpool logo in the center, but the front more than makes up for that.
The special features include:
- Deleted/Extended Scenes with optional audio commentary by Director Tim Miller
- Gag Reel
- Deadpool’s Fun Sack
- Audio Commentary with Director Tim Miller and Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld
- Audio Commentary with Ryan Reynolds and writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese
- From Comics to Screen…to Screen
- Galleries: concept art, storyboards, costumes, pre-vis and stunt-vis
All of them are just as enjoyable as they were before. The film looks incredible in 4k Ultra HD as well, I noticed huge leaps in picture and sound quality upon viewing. This is going to be one of my go-to releases to show off moving forward.
This Steelbook also comes with some of the coolest pack-ins of all-time. Two Deadpool patches, four car decals, including one of him riding a unicorn, and some basic stickers as well. I will never use the temporary tattoos, but the car decals are awesome.
The coolest one however is a Deadpool paper doll with colorforms so you can dress Deadpool! There are two Wade Wilson’s that you can place them on, with tons of different options and combinations. Most of them largely inappropriate as they should be.
This one is worth the upgrade. It even comes with $8 of movie money to see the sequel next week in theaters. If you want to add this to your collection, go ahead and click here.
- Deadpool 2 Review: Your Friend With Benefits Who Does That Thing You Like
- Thanos Rages on George Perez Infinity Wars Prime Variant
- Book Review: Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer is a Lovely Read
- IDW to Publish Michael Kalulta's Original Art for James Cameron's The Abyss Adaptation
- Ring of Honor's Horror King, Vinny Marseglia, Talks Starring in 'The Find', Facing Coast 2 Coast at War of the Worlds Tonight
- James Brown Biocomic 'Black and Proud' by Xavier Fathoux Announced by IDW
- Annette Bening Joins the Cast of Captain Marvel
- Updates on Terry Gilliam, Cannes Decision, and More
- Stranger Things Season 3: Francesca Reale Joins Hit Netflix Series
- Deadpool Demands Your Sister – Wait, No, Your Silence
- Framing Your Movie Poster Collection in the Best Light: An Interview with LED Frame Developer Jesse Snodgrass
- Wolverine Gets Two New Gentle Giant Statues This Winter - May 22, 2018
- Spyro The Dragon Gets a Funko Pop! Plus: E3 Exclusives! - May 22, 2018
- Godzilla Gets a Humongous New S.H. Monsterarts Figure - May 18, 2018
- Doctor Strange Avengers: Infinity War Hot Toy Coming in 2019 - May 18, 2018
- Pacific Rim Collectors Will Want This Gipsy Danger Bust from Diamond Select Toys - May 18, 2018