Bleeding Cool already mentioned that DC Comics had been dropping digital codes from its $3.99 titles. The ‘Buy Physical, Get Digital’ deal saw people able to download digital copies when buying the print version, or pay a dollar less when just buying the digital version. Now that option has been removed, reserved for launch issues, or special issues, just as all the DC ongoing titles aside from the New Age of Heroes, Digital First and All-Ages titles, will be marked up to $3.99 at least each, the price point that used to trigger a digital code.
Marvel Comics went through a similar procedure last year, dropping ‘Buy Physical, Pay Digital’ codes completely, that saw much fan upset, retailer reaction, a band-aid solution and eventually a reversal of policy.
Will DC Comics now be going through a similar journey?
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018