Bleeding Cool already mentioned that DC Comics had been dropping digital codes from its $3.99 titles. The ‘Buy Physical, Get Digital’ deal saw people able to download digital copies when buying the print version, or pay a dollar less when just buying the digital version. Now that option has been removed, reserved for launch issues, or special issues, just as all the DC ongoing titles aside from the New Age of Heroes, Digital First and All-Ages titles, will be marked up to $3.99 at least each, the price point that used to trigger a digital code.
Marvel Comics went through a similar procedure last year, dropping ‘Buy Physical, Pay Digital’ codes completely, that saw much fan upset, retailer reaction, a band-aid solution and eventually a reversal of policy.
Will DC Comics now be going through a similar journey?
- J. Scott Campbell Art for Upcoming X-Men Black Magneto Comic to Be Announced at San Diego - July 16, 2018
- Hellboy Celebrates 25 Years of San Diego Comic-Cons - July 16, 2018
- Valiant Fans Express Financial Worries Over Chinese Owners DMG Entertainment - July 16, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s Comic Book Movie Confirmed: Rogue Trooper of 2000AD - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Hits the UK – Here Are Some Deals to Keep Your Eye On - July 16, 2018