Bleeding Cool already mentioned that DC Comics had been dropping digital codes from its $3.99 titles. The ‘Buy Physical, Get Digital’ deal saw people able to download digital copies when buying the print version, or pay a dollar less when just buying the digital version. Now that option has been removed, reserved for launch issues, or special issues, just as all the DC ongoing titles aside from the New Age of Heroes, Digital First and All-Ages titles, will be marked up to $3.99 at least each, the price point that used to trigger a digital code.
Marvel Comics went through a similar procedure last year, dropping ‘Buy Physical, Pay Digital’ codes completely, that saw much fan upset, retailer reaction, a band-aid solution and eventually a reversal of policy.
Will DC Comics now be going through a similar journey?
- Daily LITG – 23rd September 2018 – Still Bubblin’ - September 23, 2018
- Dave Elliott Teases GWNN Ahead of New York Comic-Con, at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Brief Glimpse of The Wicked + The Divine Immersive Experience at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Paul Cornell – Saucer State Will Be Crowdfunded - September 22, 2018
- What Did Warren Ellis Say to Kieron Gillen at Thought Bubble 2018? (VIDEO) - September 22, 2018