Bleeding Cool already mentioned that DC Comics had been dropping digital codes from its $3.99 titles. The ‘Buy Physical, Get Digital’ deal saw people able to download digital copies when buying the print version, or pay a dollar less when just buying the digital version. Now that option has been removed, reserved for launch issues, or special issues, just as all the DC ongoing titles aside from the New Age of Heroes, Digital First and All-Ages titles, will be marked up to $3.99 at least each, the price point that used to trigger a digital code.
Marvel Comics went through a similar procedure last year, dropping ‘Buy Physical, Pay Digital’ codes completely, that saw much fan upset, retailer reaction, a band-aid solution and eventually a reversal of policy.
Will DC Comics now be going through a similar journey?
- Green Arrow #50 to Tie In With No Justice and Heroes In Crisis - December 18, 2018
- Jorge Jimenez Plotting Justice League Event: The Sixth Dimension With Scott Snyder - December 18, 2018
- Batman: Grim Knight Special from Jock, Scott Snyder and James Tynion in March From DC Comics - December 18, 2018
- DC Comics’ Marie Javins Makes the 29 Women Who Took Over The World In 2018 List - December 18, 2018
- As Expected, Eric Esquivel Dropped by DC Comics From Nightwing - December 18, 2018