Developer Mundfish has unveiled its game Atomic Heart in a new, eye-catching trailer that seems to mix Fallout, Bioshock and some psychedelic Soviet-Era futurism in a delightful little surprise.
When you’ve covered the games industry for a few years, you’re always on the lookout for surprises. The cyclical nature of the year and the reliance on established franchises means there is a certain amount you can set your watch by. That’s why when a previously unheard of game whizzes by and grabs your attention, it is pretty special.
That is true of Atomic Heart, a game currently gathering a lot of buzz on the internet. It’s not hard to see why when you see the game’s first fully-fledged trailer too. Set in “an alternate universe during the high noon of the Soviet Union”, the game is clearly taking some fairly direct influences of from Bioshock (hello wrench), but mixing it with the likes of Fallout‘s retro-futurism and a dash of Five Nights at Freddy‘s. It looks slick as anything as well, certainly for a studio making their first indie game. You can check out the trailer here:
There currently aren’t a lot of details about the game, but the Steam listing for the title does have it pinned as a 2018 release. There are already a lot of eyes on the game, so here’s hoping the title can really bring together the promise this shows. Hopefully, the game will get the release it deserves too because right now, this most certainly is pretty high-up on my watch list.
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018