Developer Mundfish has unveiled its game Atomic Heart in a new, eye-catching trailer that seems to mix Fallout, Bioshock and some psychedelic Soviet-Era futurism in a delightful little surprise.
When you’ve covered the games industry for a few years, you’re always on the lookout for surprises. The cyclical nature of the year and the reliance on established franchises means there is a certain amount you can set your watch by. That’s why when a previously unheard of game whizzes by and grabs your attention, it is pretty special.
That is true of Atomic Heart, a game currently gathering a lot of buzz on the internet. It’s not hard to see why when you see the game’s first fully-fledged trailer too. Set in “an alternate universe during the high noon of the Soviet Union”, the game is clearly taking some fairly direct influences of from Bioshock (hello wrench), but mixing it with the likes of Fallout‘s retro-futurism and a dash of Five Nights at Freddy‘s. It looks slick as anything as well, certainly for a studio making their first indie game. You can check out the trailer here:
There currently aren’t a lot of details about the game, but the Steam listing for the title does have it pinned as a 2018 release. There are already a lot of eyes on the game, so here’s hoping the title can really bring together the promise this shows. Hopefully, the game will get the release it deserves too because right now, this most certainly is pretty high-up on my watch list.
- Wanna Play Fantasy Yard Sale? Give Yard Tale a Try
- Battlefield 1943 is Available on Xbox One by Way of Backwards Compatibility - May 25, 2018
- God of War has Supassed 5 Million Copies Sold - May 25, 2018
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018