As the hit Netflix series Stranger Things moves into production on season 3, we’re expecting to get some casting announcements like the one Deadline just shared. Francesca Reale (Haters Back Off) has joined the nostalgia-laden series in what is being described as a major recurring role. The character is named Heather — she is a popular lifeguard at the Hawkins community pool and becomes the center of a dark mystery.
While details on the Matt and Ross Duffer supernatural series have been sparse, what we do know is that there will be a year time jump and a new evil introduced. The series follows a group of teenagers on a series of supernatural adventures set in the 1980s in the fictional rural town of Hawkins. Stranger Things was a surprise hit, immediately making a splash into the pop culture zeitgeist through its strong storytelling and embracing of the ’80s pop culture.
This is Reale’s second series with Netflix as she appeared in two seasons of Haters Back Off for the streaming service. She played Emily, the logical younger sister of Miranda Sings (Colleen Ballinger). The young actress just finished production on the indie film, Yes God Yes, opposite of Natalia Dyer and Timothy Simons.
Reale joins the returning cast of Millie Bobby Brown, Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Natalia Dyer, and Joe Keery, as well as two announced newcomers Cary Elwes, Maya Hawke, and Jake Busey.
- Punisher is Coming This Winter from One:12 Collective
- MLB Morning Trip Around the Bases: Yankees Stay Hot, Harvey to the Reds, and More!
- Deadpool Has an Awesome New Blu-ray Steelbook at Best Buy
- Supergirl Season 3: 14 Photos From the ‘Darkside of the Moon’ - May 22, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Buzz Building Over 2 New Characters - May 22, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside The Suit Trade Paperback from Dennis Calero - May 22, 2018
- Syfy Releases Video to Hype Krypton’s Second Season Renewal - May 22, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: How to Defeat The Thinker Without Him Knowing - May 22, 2018