Electronic Arts has announced a new season’s worth of Han Solo content for their hit Star Wars game Battlefront II is coming.
The Season of Solo is set to launch on May 16th with a return to Jabba’s Palace available in Blast, Hero Showdown, or Heroes vs. Villains mode. Apparently there will also be additional yet-to-be-revealed super top secret DLC hitting with Solo: A Star Wars Story in June.
Here’s what players have to look forward to:
Revisit Jabba’s Palace – What happens when you don’t pay a Hutt on time? You end up as an accent piece in his throne room… a lesson Han Solo learned the hard way. This month, fans of Star Wars Battlefront can revisit Jabba’s Palace in Star Wars Battlefront II as part of The Han Solo Season. Available in Blast, Hero Showdown, or Heroes vs. Villains, players will be able to iron out their differences in the twists and turns of Jabba’s abode.
New Hero Showdown Mode – Han Solo’s rarely seen without the mighty Chewbacca at his side, and in Hero Showdown – a new round-based elimination mode in The Han Solo Season – you’ll be able to take your favorite pairings into two-on-two Heroes vs. Villains battles. Han Solo and Chewbacca vs. Boba Fett and Bossk? Yoda and Rey vs. Vader and Captain Phasma? That’s up to you, but once a round is won, you must pick another duo for the next round. Bring out your wits and tactics for this one.
Dress for the Job – We figure if we’re sending you all the way to Tatooine, you might as well be able to dress for the part. Don new Appearances (available for Credits or Crystals) inspired by the opening act of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, with Lando Calrissian looking scruffy in his Skiff Guard disguise and Leia Organa donning the bounty hunter Boushh’s gear and featuring brand-new voice-over.
Refine Piloting Skills in Starfighter Custom Arcade – No need to fly casual; you’ve asked for it, and we’re excited to add Starfighter Custom Arcade to Star Wars Battlefront II. You’ll be able to hone your skills in the cockpit with Starfighters from all eras, whether you’re aiming to turn Rebellion X-wings into stardust with your TIE/LN or hop into the Millennium Falcon to fly circles around enemy starfighters.
The Season of Solo goes live on May 16th.
- The Tracklist for Solo: A Star Wars Story Has Been Revealed
- Solo: A Star Wars Story - Ron Howard Talks Alden Ehrenreich's 3-Picture Deal
- [#MayThe4th] Joonas Suotamo Posts Roar for Change and Wookie Bootcamp Videos
- [#MayThe4th] Solo: A Star Wars Story Tickets On Sale At Midnight EST
- Alden Ehrenreich Talks Lord and Miller's Departure on 'Solo'- Sudden but not Unexpected
- Lord and Miller Explain Why Alden Ehrenreich Was Their Pick For Han Solo from the Beginning
- Belgium Declares Loot Boxes Illegal and Wants Them Removed
- Report Says a Battle Royale Mode is Being Tested for the Next Battlefield
- Electronic Arts Says They'll Do Better with Anthem
- Electronic Arts is Apparently Hiring for a New Star Wars Game
- D23 2019: Event Dates, Ticket Sales, and More Revealed - August 16, 2018
- Fathom Events is Bringing ‘Jurassic Park’ Back to Theaters - August 16, 2018
- One Way Carlton Cuse Would Be “Okay” with a ‘LOST’ Reboot - August 16, 2018
- ‘Westworld’ Creative Team Talk Season 2 Reactions and “F***ing Killing Robots” - August 16, 2018
- ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Film Was Going to Use Tatooine as Setting - August 16, 2018