The ESports League (ESL) and Square Enix are launching the first official Dissidia Final Fantasy NT tournament series in America and Europe, which will begin on May 13th, 2018.
Available on the PlayStation 4, the 3v3 team-based brawler opens sign-ups today. Interested teams can sign up for the European or North American circuits here.
The Go4 Dissidia FF NT tournament offers the Dissidia community its first opportunity to take their competition to the next level with a proper eSports tournament. The series will consist of weekly cups, beginning on May 20th and continuing through to July 11th. Monthly finals will be broadcast live on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube from ESL UK’s Studio 1 in Leicester on June 13th and July 11th. The winners of each final will receive €600 EUR in Europe and $600 USD in America.
The finals will be hosted and commentated by two legends of the fighting game community, Ketchup and Mustard, who will be joined by the Dissidia community’s own, Jamstar2X.
The full series schedule is below:
- Weekly Cup #1 – May 20
- Weekly Cup #2 – May 27
- Weekly Cup #3 – June 3
- Weekly Cup #4 – June 10
- Monthly Finals #1 – June 13
- Weekly Cup #5 – June 17
- Weekly Cup #6 – June 24
- Weekly Cup #7 – July 1
- Weekly Cup #8 – July 8
- Monthly Finals #2 – July 11
“At ESL, we are delighted to work with SQUARE ENIX in bringing one of the first grassroots tournaments to the Dissidia community,” says James Dean, UK Managing Director at ESL. “Go4 tournaments are designed to support rising esports stars and we look forward to seeing the European and American communities step up to the plate and even challenge other well established scenes across the world in the future!”
“We are thrilled to partner with ESL to bring DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT to the dedicated players throughout Europe and America,” said Larry Sparks, Executive Director at Square Enix Europe and America. “We can’t wait to see what level of play they bring to the game throughout this tournament”.
- Locke Cole is Now Playable in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- Nobuo Uematsu is Working on Music for Final Fantasy VII's Remake
- Sony Reveals Information About Its PlayStation E3 Showcase
- Sephiroth Officially Joins Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Jagex Opens Up Third-Party Publishing Initiative Ahead of Gamescom - August 15, 2018
- The 2018 Call of Duty World Championship Starts Today - August 15, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Has Invaded the New York City Subway System - August 15, 2018
- 4A Games and Deep Silver Open Up Pre-Orders for Metro Exodus - August 15, 2018
- Activision Shows Off New Spyro Reignited Hurricos Gameplay - August 15, 2018