The Mark Wahlberg-starring adjusted-for-inflation Six Billion Dollar Man film reboot of Six Million Dollar Man is without a director currently. Apparently Damian Szifron (Hermanos y detectives, Wild Tales) has excited the project after joining three years ago.
Originally slated to be released by The Weinstein Company, SBDM was saved from the ever-circling bankruptcy hell by Warner Bros. Pictures for a crisp and cool $7.2 million.
While no official reason has been given by either Szifron or WB, the rumblings are something along the lines of “creative differences”. Three years is kind of a long time to develop something like this before realizing the directions aren’t the same, but who knows *casually looks at Solo: A Star Wars Story*.
At this time, Wahlberg-starring flick is still set to begin filming this summer, even without a director currently attached.
Wahlberg will be playing Steve Austin, the US Air Force Captain who became a test pilot for NASA. There was a horrific accident, and through a series of incredible sciencey, and experimental bionics (aka expensive) proceeders regained not only his mobility but extraordinary abilities. He became a superhero of sorts, eventually teaming up with the Bionic Woman, at least in the 70’s tv versions.
Early reports have said that Mel Gibson has been possibly circling the role of OSO chief Oscar Goldman, serves as Austin’s mentor and boss throughout much of the original tv series.
- New Era and Lids Now Selling Color Prism Hats, and They Rock
- MLB Morning Trip Around The Bases: No-Hitters, Yankees-Red Sox, and More!
- 2018 Razzies: It's Optimus Prime vs. Christian Grey for Best of Worst
- Michelle Williams Responds to Mark Wahlberg's $2 Million Time's Up Donation
- Mark Wahlberg to Donate Controversial All the Money in the World Reshoot Money to Time's Up Legal Fund
- Report: Mark Wahlberg Demanded $1.5 Million to Allow Christopher Plummer in All the Money in the World
- Michelle Williams Reportedly Paid $1,499,000 Less than Mark Wahlberg for "All the Money in the World" Reshoots
- Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg reshot All the Money in the World For Free
- Ridley Scott Makes A Statement About Replacing Kevin Spacey
- ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’ Coming to Theaters Summer of 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Nightcrawler Looks [badly] Photoshopped in New ‘Dark Phoenix’ Image - December 14, 2018
- Kit Harington’s [Not So Great] Targaryen Skills: Meeting Toothless - December 14, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Talks ‘Black Panther’ Creative Production Team - December 14, 2018
- Pedro Pascal Shares Dave Filoni-drawn ‘The Mandalorian’ Sketch - December 14, 2018