Deadwood Dick is a pulp Western character who appears in 19th-century dime novels written by Edward Lytton Wheeler, notable for having an African-American as the eponymous lead. It was so popular that the name of the character was picked up and used by a number of actual real-life individuals, black and white, who lived a life adjacent to his fictional one.
The character was picked up more recently by a novelist and comic book writer who specialises in Western-fiction, Joe Lansdale, who wrote well-received novels starring the sharpshooter: Black Hat Jack and Paradise Sky.
And now that work is going to be adapted into comic book form by Italian publisher Sergio Bonelli Editore.
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s coming.
- Marvel Comics Send Spider-Geddon #1 Back to Print - October 16, 2018
- Archie Launches Blossoms 666 Horror Comic Starring Jason and Cheryl in January 2019 Solicitations - October 16, 2018
- Image Comics Launches Vindication in January From MD Marie, Carlos Miko and Dema Jr. - October 16, 2018
- The Weatherman #6 Gets a Cliff Chiang Cover in Time For Final Order Cut-Off - October 16, 2018
- Where In the World Has Poison Ivy Gone, DC Comics? - October 16, 2018