Deadwood Dick is a pulp Western character who appears in 19th-century dime novels written by Edward Lytton Wheeler, notable for having an African-American as the eponymous lead. It was so popular that the name of the character was picked up and used by a number of actual real-life individuals, black and white, who lived a life adjacent to his fictional one.
The character was picked up more recently by a novelist and comic book writer who specialises in Western-fiction, Joe Lansdale, who wrote well-received novels starring the sharpshooter: Black Hat Jack and Paradise Sky.
And now that work is going to be adapted into comic book form by Italian publisher Sergio Bonelli Editore.
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s coming.
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018
- Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil - December 16, 2018