As part of the lead-up to Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection being released on May 29th, Capcom has started releasing more details as to how the game’s different modes are going to work, including a new post today about both Versus Mode and Training.
The company released a brand new blog entry today that goes over how both modes will affect all 12 games in the collection, which will cover every single Street Fighter title released between the original and Street Fighter III: Third Strike. It appears only four games in the series will have online fighting, but all 12 will give you the ability to basically play the game however you see fit — locally or online.
Having a dedicated Versus Mode where you can choose your characters and stage is a mainstay for modern fighting games on console. That’s why all 12 of these games will have a local Versus Mode where two players can duke it out against each other! Upon selecting which game you’d like to play Versus in, you’ll then be given a choice of which stage to play on. To add some extra flavor, each of these stages is labeled with which character originated from it. For example, in Street Fighter Alpha 3, the House of Mystery – Palazzo Mistero, Italy is labeled as Rose’s stage. After each match, you’ll have the option to rematch, as well. If you choose to not have a rematch, you’ll be taken back to the main Versus screen where you can choose which of the 12 games to play.
Meanwhile, the four games that will have online play (Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Street Fighter III: Third Strike) will also include training modes to help you perfect your game, with different levels of expertise for you to hone your skills and become a master at the game.
- Cody Travers Returns to Street Fighter with a New Character Trailer
- Capcom Examines the History of the Street Fighter Alpha Series in Latest Video
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Coming to Nintendo Switch in August
- Aliens Is Getting A New AAA Game From Cold Iron Studios
- Frostkeep Studios Announces Rend's Public Alpha Test Starts Today
- Capcom Offers a Retrospective Series on Street Fighter
- Falke is Joining the Street Fighter V Roster Next Week
- Capcom Announces Balancing Update for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
- A Street Fighter TV Series is Coming from eOne
- Street Fighter V Reveals Nash's Captain Commando Costume
- Atari Shows Off Their Atari Retro Handheld for the Holidays - October 19, 2018
- Days Gone Delayed Again on PS4 Until April 2019 - October 19, 2018
- Black Ops 4 Will Receive an Update Before Double XP Weekend - October 19, 2018
- Com2us and Skybound Partner to Make Summoners War Comics and Animations - October 19, 2018
- Day Of The Devs 2018 Will Return to San Francisco in November - October 19, 2018