After weeks of going back and forth, Seth Rollins and The Miz finally got their own match at the co-branded pay-per-view, Backlash. The Miz lost the Intercontinental Championship to Seth Rollins at WrestleMania, and he’s had his heart set on it since. He’s been in a handful of matches to try to reclaim it (with Finn Balor in the mix), though right now Rollins is doing great with the title.
— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) May 7, 2018
The match was very even, though Miz had an upper hand in the beginning. But this is a story — and with any story, Rollins got his own footing too. Rollins really sold this match, and to be fair there were some close calls. I don’t know if Miz was all in it through the start of the match, though, since I imagine he’d rather be at home with his wife and daughter (who can blame him?).
But damn, when Miz got Rollins in that figure-four we thought it was over. But then Rollins reversed the figure-four, followed by another reversal, followed by Rollins grabbing the rope. This was certainly a dramatic turn for the match, especially with Rollins nursing an injured knee. Yet even with a bad knee, Rollins retained his title.
This was a solid match and a great way to kick off Backlash.
- Kitty Meets Her End in Dan Parent and Fernando Ruiz’s Die Kitty Die: Heaven & Hell - May 25, 2018
- Indulge in All the Anime You Can Watch This Long Weekend with Crunchyroll - May 25, 2018
- Nerd Food: Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade from Epcot - May 24, 2018
- Celebrate Solo: A Star Wars Story with These New Crayola Sets - May 24, 2018
- A Walk Through Disney World’s Epcot, Spring 2018 [Photos] - May 24, 2018