— WWE (@WWE) May 7, 2018
After defeating Asuka at WrestleMania, Charlotte Flair lost her title fairly quickly to Carmella, who won thanks to The Iconics ambushing Flair. I’m happy to see Carmella getting her own, but I can’t even remember if she’s a good wrestler or not. A lot of her wins were cheap shots, which is a disservice to the women’s division.
This match started off with Carmella trying to win per a DQ, but Flair wasn’t having it. Carmella did get a super kick in, though, which are always fun to watch. This gave her the leg up she needed, and Carmella was even able to get Flair in a headlock. Carmella taunted and teased Flair, but was unable to keep Flair down for long.
I like both of these women a great deal, but the match didn’t grab me like the last few. Carmella’s constant screaming was fun, but got old fast. This match did a great job of showing off Flair’s pure strength, and Carmella is indeed very athletic. In the end though Carmella won — but only because Flair tweaked her knee. It was still a somewhat fair win for Carmella, however, so maybe she’s going in the right direction.
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018