Here we have another dream main event match with AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura. The newly appointed heel has been upgraded significantly, and he even has an updated version of his already catchy theme song. AJ Styles, meanwhile, is still great. He’s also the WWE Champion, which is what Nakamura wants.
— WWE (@WWE) May 7, 2018
This was a no-DQ match, so they made it dynamic and entertaining by going outside the ring. Both men weren’t afraid to use stairs and barriers to inflict damage, and they were just as entertaining in the ring. This was the match we deserved from WrestleMania, but I guess better late than never.
Nakamura didn’t pull any punches, even using a steel chair to his advantage. Of course then Styles fired said chair into Nakamura’s knee, so I guess the trend tonight is hurting knees. The chair also cut Styles’s face, which will likely land him in hot water with the higher-ups.
The two kept the momentum up, landing some rough blows on each other. Hell, they both even got low blows on each other. At one point they even kicked each other in the balls, so I’m left wondering if Vince McMahon wrote this match himself. The ref called the match as the two men writhed around in pain, causing the crowd to boo and the rest of us to wonder what no-DQ means.
- Kitty Meets Her End in Dan Parent and Fernando Ruiz’s Die Kitty Die: Heaven & Hell - May 25, 2018
- Indulge in All the Anime You Can Watch This Long Weekend with Crunchyroll - May 25, 2018
- Nerd Food: Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade from Epcot - May 24, 2018
- Celebrate Solo: A Star Wars Story with These New Crayola Sets - May 24, 2018
- A Walk Through Disney World’s Epcot, Spring 2018 [Photos] - May 24, 2018