Here we have another dream main event match with AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura. The newly appointed heel has been upgraded significantly, and he even has an updated version of his already catchy theme song. AJ Styles, meanwhile, is still great. He’s also the WWE Champion, which is what Nakamura wants.
— WWE (@WWE) May 7, 2018
This was a no-DQ match, so they made it dynamic and entertaining by going outside the ring. Both men weren’t afraid to use stairs and barriers to inflict damage, and they were just as entertaining in the ring. This was the match we deserved from WrestleMania, but I guess better late than never.
Nakamura didn’t pull any punches, even using a steel chair to his advantage. Of course then Styles fired said chair into Nakamura’s knee, so I guess the trend tonight is hurting knees. The chair also cut Styles’s face, which will likely land him in hot water with the higher-ups.
The two kept the momentum up, landing some rough blows on each other. Hell, they both even got low blows on each other. At one point they even kicked each other in the balls, so I’m left wondering if Vince McMahon wrote this match himself. The ref called the match as the two men writhed around in pain, causing the crowd to boo and the rest of us to wonder what no-DQ means.
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018