Atari has taken RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 off of Steam after developer Frontier Developments filed a lawsuit over unpaid royalties from the game. TMZ broke the lawsuit news last week, including a basic overview of the suit.
Frontier Development claims it’s been working with Atari since 2003 when it struck a deal to develop the game RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and a bunch of others. When Atari went bankrupt in 2013, Frontier says they stuck it out and amended their contract.
Atari’s out of the red now. In April, Frontier started to believe it was getting ripped off, claiming another website showed higher sales figures.
Frontier says the site calculated Frontier should’ve received $3.37 million in royalties from Atari when they only got $1.17 mill. According to Frontier, Atari then delayed when it was asked for an audit of their sales report.
Since news of the suit broke, Atari has pulled the game from Steam without much explanation, while you can still find the game page for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, the ability to buy the game on Steam has been removed.
While it makes sense for Atari to pull sales of the game, usually games get de-listed from Steam due to pending lawsuits. It is possible the page still exists because Atari expects to be able to return to selling the game relatively quickly.
- The Atari VCS vs The Register
- Atari Co-Founder Ted Dabney Passes Away at Age 80
- Leisure Suit Larry Appears to be Getting a Game on Steam
- Call of Duty World League 2018 Championship Finals Predictions - August 18, 2018
- Team Kaliber and Evil Geniuses Survive in the CWL Champs Day 4 Winner’s Bracket - August 18, 2018
- Spacelords Addresses its Re-branding with new Highlights Video - August 18, 2018
- The Quiet Man Gets a New Gameplay Trailer - August 18, 2018
- NIS America Confirms Etna Mode for Disgaea 1 Complete Trailer - August 18, 2018