Atari has taken RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 off of Steam after developer Frontier Developments filed a lawsuit over unpaid royalties from the game. TMZ broke the lawsuit news last week, including a basic overview of the suit.
Frontier Development claims it’s been working with Atari since 2003 when it struck a deal to develop the game RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and a bunch of others. When Atari went bankrupt in 2013, Frontier says they stuck it out and amended their contract.
Atari’s out of the red now. In April, Frontier started to believe it was getting ripped off, claiming another website showed higher sales figures.
Frontier says the site calculated Frontier should’ve received $3.37 million in royalties from Atari when they only got $1.17 mill. According to Frontier, Atari then delayed when it was asked for an audit of their sales report.
Since news of the suit broke, Atari has pulled the game from Steam without much explanation, while you can still find the game page for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, the ability to buy the game on Steam has been removed.
While it makes sense for Atari to pull sales of the game, usually games get de-listed from Steam due to pending lawsuits. It is possible the page still exists because Atari expects to be able to return to selling the game relatively quickly.
- Leisure Suit Larry Appears to be Getting a Game on Steam
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 has an Xbox Game Preview Launch Trailer - May 21, 2018
- AretuzaAndyWand Takes Home May 2018 Gwent Open Title - May 21, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Director on the end of Lara Croft’s Origin Story - May 21, 2018
- Tencent Acquires Majority Stake in Path of Exile Dev Grinding Gear - May 21, 2018
- The Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates the Summerset Expansion Launch with a New Trailer - May 21, 2018