I honestly didn’t realize that Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels was 20 years old, but the Guy Ritchie heist film really holds up. Saying this, I will stand by my theory that his live-action Aladdin remake for Disney will be at the very least entertaining if not outright awesome.
There’s been some question as to what the filmmaker was going to do post-House of Mouse cinematic romp, and apparently it’ll be a return to those Londonium rough-and-tumble roots.
Ritchie’s next movie will be something called Toff Guys, a clever (shut up, it totally is) wordplay of the English slang word for fancy (Toff) and tough, obviously one of Guy’s favorite types of mashup in film. He’ll be shopping it around during Cannes Film Festival, sort of the breading grounds for studios to find projects and for filmmakers to get the distribution needed for audiences to see the flicks.
Reportedly (per Deadline‘s comments) the film is: “set at the intersection of Sexy Beast and Downton Abbey, and follows a very English drug lord attempting to cash out on his highly profitable empire by selling it off to a dynasty of Oklahoma billionaires.”
Sounds pretty great, and if you’re at all familiar with Ritchie’s style of fast paced action and dialog, this could definitely be something to keep an eye out for.
Guy’s Aladdin is set for a May 24th 2019 release date, and is still a head scratchingly interesting pairing of director and story (even though yes, the reports of extras undergoing skin darkening for scenes is seriously troubling).
- Thanos Gets An Amazing Infinity War Head Knocker From NECA
- Wonder Woman Gets A New Statue From Prime 1 Studio
- Joker Killing Joke and Batman/Superman Q-Figs Coming This Summer
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Sunday, May 6
- ‘Wheel of Time’ Showrunner Asks What Fans What They Want in Series - October 18, 2018
- Yes, Really: NASA Just Gave Godzilla His Own Constellation - October 18, 2018
- Another Superman Villain is Headed to The CW’s ‘Supergirl’ - October 18, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘Shameless’ s9e6, “Face It, You’re Gorgeous” - October 18, 2018
- Brian Tyree Henry Shares Video from Child’s Play Reboot - October 18, 2018