The fate of the Star Trek movies has been in limbo for quite some time since Star Trek Beyond didn’t do as well at the box office as everyone involved might have hoped. There was finally some movement on the next Trek movie when S.J. Clarkson was announced as the director last month.
Before that there were rumblings that the next movie was going to bring back Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk. The last we saw Kirk he was sending his pregnant wife Winona (Jennifer Morison) off of a ship and stays just long enough to hear the birth of his son, James T. Kirk. The ship is destroyed with George along with it.
Or maybe not. Fans have been wondering how they were going to bring George back and Morrison, who was recently at Calgary Expo (TrekMovie), might have given away a small plot point. Morrison had a panel that was being moderated by Star Trek Voyager star Garrett Wang and they touched on the opening scene which Morrison might have given something away.
Wang: As an actor, I think it is incredibly difficult to play the role of a mother who just gave birth to James Tiberius Kirk, knowing that your husband is 36 seconds away from death, basically…
Morrison: [interjecting] Supposed death.
Wang: Supposed death, right.
Morrison: [smiling] Just saying.
She could be just referring to the fact that Hemsworth and his character are due to return so he must be alive on some level. However, this is a series where time travel and alternate universes have come up so there isn’t any telling how they’re going to accomplish bringing the character back. Since Clarkson was just hired this movie is still several years out so we’ll have to see what ends up happening.
- Mixed Dimensions and GamePrint Expand Their Star Trek Line
- Ubisoft Announces New Star Trek Bridge Crew Expansion with Next Generation
- Star Wars Bounty Hunters 4-LOM and IG-88 Coming from Kotobukiya
- Stranger Things Barb and Adorable Dart Coming from McFarlane Toys
- Bullet Club Gets the First Non-WWE Funko Pops in August
- S.J. Clarkson Is First Female 'Star Trek' Film Director In Franchise History
- JJ Abrams Updates From Paramount's Panel at CinemaCon- Cloverfield and More
- Zachary Quinto Says There Are Apparently (at least) 3 Scripts for 'Star Trek' 4
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018