Bethesda Softworks have something a lot bloodier and a lot more disgusting the way for Quake Champions, as the developers revealed to fans this weekend that they will be adding a new “Gore System to the mix. The news of the new addition came down on Twitter as the company revealed a 90-second video showing off designers working on body parts that will be separated into sections upon death, followed by a demonstration of how it will look.
— Quake Champions (@Quake) May 4, 2018
The news comes as Quake Champions will finally be holding esports tournaments and preparing for QuakeCon in August, but the company gave zero details as to when players would see this new system put into place on the game. To be clear, this is all cosmetic and isn’t going to be changing the way the game is played in any way unless players are specifically looking for ways to create the most amount of gore on the screen. It does remind us a little bit of Mortal Kombat‘s current fatality system, where the devs are looking for the grossest way possible to make you cringe at a death. So at least when it comes to bloodshed, they’re fulfilling that end of expectations.
- Yes, for the 100th Time, Rage 2 is Getting an Announcement Tomorrow
- Bethesda Teases Rage 2 Even Harder Now That Word is Out
- QuakeCon Releases New Registration Details and Event Info
- Slaying Fools Like Old Times: We Preview 'Quake Champions'
- 'Quake Champions' Is Set To Hit Early Access On Tuesday
- Bethesda Are Resetting 'Quake Champions' Data For Launch
- Quake Champions: New Maps, BJ Blazkowicz, And More At E3
- Mothergunship Releases Demo for PC, PS4, and Xbox One - May 25, 2018
- The Wolf Among Us Season 2 Has Been Delayed to 2019 - May 25, 2018
- Ni No Kuni II Passes 900k Units While the Series Sits at 2.8 Million Sold - May 25, 2018
- Dungeons & Dragons Reintroduces the Horror That is the Cadaver Collector - May 25, 2018
- The World Series of Poker Will Be Streaming on Twitch in New Deal - May 25, 2018