Even thought we all knew, deep down, it wasn’t going to happen we were all a little sad when none of the characters from Marvel TV made the jump to Avengers: Infinity War. It would be too much in a movie that already had too much going on. That didn’t make fans of Daredevil or Jessica Jones or Daisy Johnson a little bummed to see these characters left out of the party. According to director Anthony Russo, in an interview with Variety, they did consider bringing in the TV shows but decided against it in the end.
“We made the briefest consideration of [including TV characters in ‘Infinity War’],” co-director Anthony Russo says. “When we’re alone in a room with [screenwriters Christopher] Markus and [Stephen] McFeely, we consider every idea. We like thinking of everything. But it seemed like the story that had been told within the movies was so specific and elaborate already that once we started working through the story, we knew we had our hands full just with this set of characters and narratives.”
It’s a shame that the TV characters have been left off to the side when some of them are just as worthy as being an Avenger. It also seems a little silly considering the entire point of having a shared universe is to do crazy crossovers even if the logistics is a nightmare in this case.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It’s out now.
- Vincent D'Onofrio Says He's Wrapped on Daredevil Season 3, End of Kingpin?
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Droppin' Tony and Pepper Avengers: 4 Spoilers in an Interview
- Thanos Gets An Amazing Infinity War Head Knocker From NECA
- Wonder Woman Gets A New Statue From Prime 1 Studio
- Joker Killing Joke and Batman/Superman Q-Figs Coming This Summer
- The Gifted Season 2: Reed Strucker’s Powers Will Be “Very, Very Bad News” - August 15, 2018
- The Happytime Murders Releases an Important PSA - August 15, 2018
- Avengers 4 Will Feature a Captain America and Black Widow with a “Harder Edge” - August 15, 2018
- Runaways Season 2: Karolina and Nico’s Relationship is the “Emotional Core” - August 15, 2018
- The Gifted Season 2: Caitlin Strucker is “Hardened by Grief” - August 15, 2018