Portsmouth Guild Hall was built in 1890 but it took a good hundred and twenty-seven years for it to host its first comic convention.
Rebuilt after being bombed in the Blitz, it has preserved much of heritage, pomp and grandeur. Even when hosting their first comic convention, the Portsmouth Comic Con. And I’ve been here all day.
Now I’ve been to a lot of comic conventions in the last three decades. This is a fine show, something the organisers should be proud of for their first attempt, and the venue is well suited.
But Panel Room 2 is off the scale. Because it seems to be the Council’s county chamber of office.
It looks like this.
So panelists look like this.
And yes, the central one is raised. Look at Sean Phillips‘ grin…
Also all the seats are wide, leather and luxurious, with leg room. A shelf to put your stuff. And a power socket for your phone and/or laptop.
I have travelled a first class panel. I will never be able to go back to a normal panel room again. Sorry.
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018
- Antarctic Press Seeks Superhero Submissions for the Superverse - May 25, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Is Now in Diamond Previews: Adventure Van and Blastosaurus - May 25, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell Covers to X-Classified #1 Cancelled - May 25, 2018