If you’re not familiar with The House in Fata Morgana, the game is a horror novel game that was released back in 2014 in Japan and then in 2016 everywhere else through Steam. The game has actually earned a lot of praise for the story and is probably one of the more in-depth titles of its genre. It also doesn’t hurt having that story be mildly crazy and tied into time travel, so to speak. Fans of the game will be excited to hear that it will be receiving a physical release on May 17th from Novectacle and MangaGamer, which will come with the full soundtrack and unreleased music as well as a Steam key. Below is a full description of the story, and The House in Fata Morgana will be sold for $40.
You awaken in a decrepit old mansion.
A woman with eyes of jade stands before You, informing You that You are the Master of the house, and she Your Maid. However, You have no memories, no concept of self—or, indeed, any certainty that You are even alive.
The Maid invites You to join her on a journey through the mansion’s lifeless halls, to behold the numerous tragedies that have befallen its residents. She suggests that among them, perhaps You will find some trace of Yourself.
Beyond the first door lies the year 1603.
It is an era of unparalleled beauty, where art and theatre flourish. Roses bloom abundantly in the garden where the inseparable Rhodes siblings play, and though they appear to be free of worry and strife… not everyone is content to see them happy.
Beyond the second door lies the year 1707.
In this era, the mansion lies in ruins, and a beast dwells within. He claims to yearn for a life of serenity, but it is not long before he yields to his innate savagery and a massacre ensues.
Beyond the third door lies the year 1869.
In this technologically advanced era, people are always on the move. The mansion’s master is an ambitious businessman who has invested in the rail industry. However, his obsession with wealth and power leads him to neglect and mistreat his wife.
Beyond the fourth door lies the year 1099.
The Maid tells You that this is the final tale. In this era, You see a young man who claims to be cursed and a girl with white hair, called Giselle, who has been branded a witch and marked for death.
Having borne witness to these four tragedies, each set in a different time and place, You are now free to choose whether You wish to end Your story here… or press on.
But there are those who would say,
“You were able to bear them because they weren’t your tragedies.”
- Thimbleweed Park WIll See a Physical Release on PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Life Is Strange Getting A Pair Of Physical Releases
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Will Get a Physical Release for the Switch
- What Remains of Edith Finch is Getting a Physical Release
- The ESRB's System Just Killed A 'Ruiner' Physical Release
- Convict Games Reveals Their Latest Game That’s All Cool Man in STONE - August 16, 2018
- Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark Gets a Release on Steam Early Access - August 16, 2018
- PUBG Mobile to Host Their First Livestream Invitational Called “Player Well Known” - August 16, 2018
- PUBG Corp and FACEIT Partner Up to Create Online Competitive Leagues - August 16, 2018
- OpTic Gaming and Sansar Partner Up to Bring VR to Esports - August 16, 2018