— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) May 4, 2018
If you’re in the know with Disney Park lore, you know about the redhead. The famed pirate on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride recently got a makeover, making her more independent and, of course, fierce. Well, now guests visiting this Disneyland Park may get the chance to meet the famed pirate herself! Disney Parks Blog even interviewed Redd, asking her some hard-hitting questions:
Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Well, if I needed friends, they’d call me Redd. Pirates call me ‘Rrr’ for short. I been ‘round the world, but the sea is always home.
Do you know Captain Jack Sparrow?
That Sparrow owes me a new ship. Wouldn’t be surprised if he found himself in irons once more. If you see Mister Sparrow, I’m lookin’ for ‘em!
Some pirates think it’s bad luck to have a woman aboard a pirate ship. What do you think?
T’is far worse luck not to.
What is treasure to you?
Coin o’course! I accept it all—Spanish doubloons, English farthings, French livre, Dutch lion dollars and Portuguese moidore.
Are you looking forward to meeting guests in New Orleans Square?
I s’pose. I be searching for brave sorts of recruits for a few little ventures.
Are you anyone’s bride?
M’ only love is profits, dear.
I have no doubt she will be a favorite with park-goers! Hopefully Disney World will see her soon as well.
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018