Some cool news for Nintendo Switch fans: Flyhigh Works has announced that Fairune Collection will be making its way to the console on May 17th, bringing four classic games in the series to modern gamers. The four to be featured are Fairune and Fairune 2 (which have been previously released on the 3DS), Fairune Origin (which is a previously unreleased prototype that served as inspiration to the series), and Fairune Blast (a shooter made specifically for this set). You can check out the announcement trailer below along with details about the release.
Fairune Collection includes four games in one package – Fairune, Fairune 2, Fairune Origin and Fairune Blast! Fairune is a retro-styled adventure RPG. Our heroine embarks upon a journey to unlock three mysterious statues and seal away a great evil. Throughout the journey she will need to solve puzzles, fight monsters, discover new weapons and improve her abilities. Fairune 2 brings our heroine back for another perilous quest, this time to find a lost fairy. This sequel delivers a bigger world for those that are ready for the challenge.
Fairune Origin offers an intriguing look at the beginnings of the IP. It provides a short but fun adventure and illustrates how SKIPMORE conceptualised the gameplay of the two games that followed. Fairune Blast is an unlockable treat, meanwhile, to offer something completely different. It’s a colourful shoot-em-up and a fun diversion from the main adventures!
• Fairune and Fairune 2 have been redesigned for this PC release.
• Explore, solve puzzles, level up and fight monsters on your journeys.
• Simple controls make it accessible to all players ready for adventure!
• Fairune Origin and Fairune Blast bring the game total to 4!
• Retro 8-bit style visuals, designed for the modern era.
• Perfect for headphones with a catchy chiptune soundtrack.