Bleeding Cool contributor Jason Borelli had his camera with him when he recently attended Big Apple Comic Con.
While the calendar said “April,” the weather on that Saturday suggested more of an early summer vibe, giving cosplayers a warm atmosphere to show off and pose for pictures in front of Penn Station, across the street from Penn Pavilion. From Spider-Man to Captain Marvel, from Speed Racer to Captain Jack (yes, we’ve heard of him). There were even a few Avengers and flappers from almost a century ago. The costume game was strong throughout the weekend as fans of all ages and genres. Sunday was more subdued, though it was mostly indoors as the temperatures had dipped significantly causing everyone to keep to the Pavilion.
For over 20 years Big Apple Conventions has presented the most outrageously fun comic and popular culture convention in New York City, and is BACC is held annually in mid-April. For more information about the event and about their plans for 2019, check out their website.
- Nine New Comics Launched by LINE Webtoon
- Free Comic Book Weekend in California with The Comic Bug's Signing Spectacular
- Review: I Am A Number by Rian Hughes
- The Evolution of the Territories Explained in Exclusive Pages from 'The Comic Book Story of Pro Wrestling'
- Over 80 Exclusive Items From WonderCon 2018, as the Doors Open...
- The Finale to Harrow County, Plus a Ton of Manga Reprints: Dark Horse June 2018 Solicits
- [Review] The Predator: Shane Black’s Vision More Fun than Smart - September 12, 2018
- [Review] ‘The Nun’: A Mash-Up More Dead than Alive - September 7, 2018
- [UPDATE] Multiple Fatalities as Shooting Erupts at Madden 19 Tournament - August 26, 2018
- [Review] The Happytime Murders: An R-Rated Muppet Noir – Brilliant, Right? Nope. - August 24, 2018
- ‘Galaga Chronicles’ Animated Series Lands Writer and Animation Studio - August 24, 2018