With just over 30 days to go, Beehive Books is about halfway toward their goal of raising $60,000 to produce Madness in Crowds: The Teeming Mind of Harrison Cady, a deluxe 11″x14″ hardcover book featuring over 300 illustrations by the titular artist and a biography by Denis Kitchen.
Cady, who died in 1970, wrote the Peter Rabbit comic strip from 1920 to 1948, but this collection looks to collect his magazine illustrations, in which Cady specialized in drawing vibrant crowd scenes. The book is part of a series by Beehive meant to preserve comics, fine art, and illustration history by resurfacing the work of “forgotten masters.”
But it’s best to let the art speak for itself, so take a look at some examples:
Of course, a giant-sized 176-page hardcover book like this doesn’t come cheap, so you’re looking at a $25 pledge just for the digital version. The hardcover will run a minimum of $100, but you’ll never be bored in the bathroom again. Of course, there are other reward levels as well, so if it interests you, check out the Kickstarter here.
- ‘Death’ Artist Chris Bachalo Draws Sandman for Marvel in August - May 22, 2018
- Mike Norton’s Anti-Trump Webcomic Lil’ Donnie Collected at Image in August - May 22, 2018
- New Wolverine #1 Confirmed for September at Marvel - May 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fantastic Four Relaunch by the Numbers - May 22, 2018
- Howard Chaykin Lampoons the Sordid History of Comics in New Image Series This August - May 22, 2018