The Atlanta Falcons are on the verge of making quarterback Matt Ryan the first $30 million dollar man in the NFL. ESPN is reporting that Ryan has agreed to a five-year contract extension that will pay him a guaranteed $100 million and an excess of $30 million a year, making him the first player in NFL history to break the $30 million a year mark.
The 33-year old Ryan is going into the final year of a five-year, $103 million dollar contract he signed in 2013. Ryan lead the Falcons to the Super Bowl in 2016 and team owner Arthur Blank has said that he would be compensated well for his play. Earlier this year Falcon’s general manager Thomas Dimitroff said that signing Ryan to an extension was the team’s top offensive priority.
Ryan was the third pick in the 2008 draft out of Boston College and hasn’t missed a game since December of 2009. He has thrown for over 4,000 yards each of the last seven seasons, broke the 40,000-yard mark in only 151 games and owns 20 of the franchises records. He has completed 3,630 of the 5,593 passes he has attempted for a 64.9 percentage and has thrown 260 touchdowns to just 126 interceptions. He has a 93.4 passing rating over his 10 seasons and a 95-63 win/loss record. He is 4-6 in the playoffs having appeared in two NFC Championship Games and one Super Bowl.
This makes Matt Ryan the highest paid player in the NFL… until the next quarterback signs.
This is not the same Matt Ryan who plays John Constantine in the Arrowverse.
- Dynamite Unveils J. Scott Campbell Dejah Thoris Statue - May 21, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Can Lena Luthor Find a Cure for Reign? - May 21, 2018
- Lucifer to Air 2 Bonus Episodes, One with Guest Neil Gaiman - May 21, 2018
- Arrow’s Stephen Amell Teases a New Storytelling Technique for Season 7 - May 21, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Inside the Episode ‘The Fanatical’ - May 21, 2018