For those of you who have been wanting to get a better look at Dragon Quest XI in an English format, Square Enix has done you a solid today by showing off over 15 minutes of gameplay from the upcoming North American release of the game. While there’s a lot to take in here, the footage doesn’t really show off anything from the storyline, so you’re getting zero spoilers during this presentation. Basically, a couple of developers are taking you through the world and showing off bits of the battle sequences as well as one of the dungeons you’ll be walking through during the game.
There are fine details shown off here like the ability tree where you’ll be able to increase your powers as you go and learn new abilities as it’s designed in a hex formation. Theoretically meaning that once you master one ability, up to five more will be at your disposal for choosing to move onto. There’s also a few in-game cinematics as you’re given some insight as to why you’re in this dungeon, as one of your characters has lost their powers and you’re here to get them back. Please enjoy the footage below.
- Dragon Quest XI is Getting a Costume From a Previous Chapter in the Series
- Square Enix Releases a New Dragon Quest XI Trailer Showing Off the Cast
- Dragon Quest XI Shows Off More Gameplay in Latest Livestream
- Switch Players Will Get Dragon Quest XI Content That PS4 Won't Have
- Did You Know Its Dragon Quest Day in Japan?
- Square Enix is Taking Dragon Quest XI Pre-Orders on Specific Retailers
- Game Director Jin Fujisawa Abruptly Leaves Square Enix
- Dragon Quest XI is the Latest Collaboration Event for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Dragon Quest XI Will Have New Features to Appeal to a Western Audience
- Bandai Namco Announces Dragon Quest VR with New Trailer
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November - October 20, 2018
- Bandai Namco Boasts Three Million Sales of Tekken 7 - October 20, 2018
- Wargroove Developers Postpone the Release Until Early 2019 - October 20, 2018
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D’s Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica - October 20, 2018
- Splash Damage Announces That Development on Dirty Bomb Will End - October 20, 2018