The comicbook tie-in to Dontnod Entertainment’s episodic mystery series Life is Strange will take a side in the on-going debate of which ending is the proper, canon ending for the game, as it picks up the story after one of the endings. While this does deal with the two endings of the game, and it has been out for quite some time, we’ll try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible. But you’ll definitely want to play the game before picking up the comic, all things considered.
The two endings, referred to by fans as Bay and Bae, have caused quite a bit of debate among the fanbase. However, the comic will be taking the Bae side of things, and will act as a direct continuation of that ending.
From EuroGamer‘s report:
But the franchise’s official comic book series, first announced last month, has seemingly picked the “bae” ending. Its story will act as a direct continuation, once again starring main character Max and a very much alive Chloe.
The comic’s Amazon product description now details the continuation thus:
“A thrilling, time-twisting game-changer; an unexpected, emotional rollercoaster ride! A brand new comics story in the beloved Life Is Strange universe – following Max and Chloe into a bold potential future! In the video game Life Is Strange, aspiring photographer Max Caulfield returned to her hometown of Arcadia Bay in order to attend the prestigious Blackwell Academy.
“There, in response to a shocking and violent event, Max developed superhuman time travelling powers. Powers that brought her back into contact with her former best friend, Chloe Price. Powers that thrust her into conflict with all manner of threats – personal, parental, and supernatural. Powers that led to a final, fatal decision with epic consequences – an impossible hurricane that swept into the Bay, as Max’s temporal tinkering with cause and effect bore deadly fruit!
“Following on from one of two possible endings of the game, Life Is Strange: Dust takes the saga of Max and Chloe into a new and uncertain future, in an all-new comic strip adventure. No matter which ending you chose, this deep dive into Max and Chloe’s potential future will thrill, shock, and surprise you all over again. You thought Max and Chloe’s story was over? Their trials are only beginning! And in the end, dust will be all that remains…”
So, not only do we now have some detail on what exactly the comic will be bringing us, but we do have a hint as to which ending is the “correct” ending. According to the comic book writing staff, that is. So, Bae fans will be pretty pleased while reading this one, while Bay fans will get to sit there and judge the merits of their choice by seeing what happens after the alternate ending.
- Dontnod Entertainment Reveals Life Is Strange 2 Teaser Trailer
- Square Enix Reveals The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Launch Times
- Life Is Strange Is Getting an Android Release
- Rust Gets a New Update Called "The Compound" Which Includes Safe Zones
- Brave Neptune Gets a Nintendo Switch Release Date
- Katy Perry to Join Cast of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - December 11, 2018
- The Leaderboard and NYXL to Host a Super Smash Bros Livestream Next Week - December 11, 2018
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018