I get the word that, internally at DC Comics, some editorial wisecracks are placing bets on exactly how many pages of each issue of the six-weekly Man Of Steel series written by Brian Bendis will be drawn by the solicited named artists.
Both DC Comics and Marvel Comics have had a bunch of artists join the solicited artists to help out at the last minute and help comics hit their scheduled publication dates.
Will that be the case with Man Of Steel? Each issue has a different A-List art team, but how many of the twenty pages per issue will be completed by those names? Here are the issues in question.
- THE MAN OF STEEL #1 by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
- THE MAN OF STEEL #2 by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
- THE MAN OF STEEL #3 by RYAN SOOK
- THE MAN OF STEEL #4 by KEVIN MAGUIRE
- THE MAN OF STEEL #5 by ADAM HUGHES
- THE MAN OF STEEL #6 by JASON FABOK
Wise folk know that Ivan Reis and Joe Prado have already handed in their pages. Also that Jason Fabok has been asked to add extra pages to the other issues on top of the twenty (expect two in Man Of Steel #1), so his issue should be in the can. And Kevin Maguire is confident enough to be posting his pages on Facebook already.
But the others? That’s where the money play is.
If you were working in Burbank, where would you play your money?
- Riri Williams: Ironheart Movie in the Works from Marvel Studios, to Replace Iron Man? - July 20, 2018
- Caleb Goellner and Adam Bryce Thomas Create a Team Sonic Racing Comic - July 20, 2018
- John Byrne is Writing and Drawing His Own X-Men Fanfic Comic, Evermore - July 20, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 20th July 2018: Of Course It’s Batman - July 20, 2018
- The Collectible Comic Creator Pins of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 - July 20, 2018