The first teaser, though it is more like a trailer, for Lionsgate’s Robin Hood remake (or reboot) has come out. It appears to be the same trailer that people who were at the CinemaCon presentation saw, and it still looks rather uninteresting.
There isn’t much to say about this trailer aside from the fact that the explosions and what look like guns are probably going to make a lot of people really angry. There still doesn’t appear to be much to set this apart from any other movie though. Looking at the release date (which was recently delayed to November), there is a lot of competition. It’s opening the same weekend as Creed 2 and Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2, and it’s the weekend after Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. The following weekend it has to contend with Spider-Man: Enter the Spider-Verse and Mortal Engines.
We also have a new poster, which isn’t quite as uninspired as the other two.
Summary: A war-hardened Crusader and his Moorish commander mount an audacious revolt against the corrupt English crown in a thrilling action-adventure packed with gritty battlefield exploits, mind-blowing fight choreography, and a timeless romance.
Robin Hood, directed by Otto Bathurst, stars Taron Egerton, Jamie Dornan, Ben Mendelsohn, Jamie Foxx, and Eve Hewson. It will be released on November 21st.
— Robin Hood – 2018 (@robinhoodmovie) May 3, 2018
- Chris Pratt, Tom Holland, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Octavia Spencer Join the Cast of Pixar’s Onward - December 12, 2018
- Mary Poppins Returns Review: Practically Imperfect in Every Way - December 12, 2018
- A New Clip and Featurette for Mary Poppins Returns Teases Some Classic Animation - December 12, 2018
- New Bumblebee Poster Features Our Two Triple Changers - December 11, 2018
- Mark Hamill Talks About the Insane Spoilers Security Measures for Star Wars: Episode IX - December 11, 2018