In preparation for the 30th Anniversary Collection, Capcom is rolling out the red carpet (so to speak) and giving Street Fighter a proper celebration of the release with a special retrospective series dedicated to the game. A lot of people who don’t know the game’s history ten to focus on Street Fighter II, since it was one of the most popular arcade fighting games of its generation and still stand today as one of the best fighting games of all time. So to have Capcom come through and do a proper retrospective on the series and focusing on the first game is really cool.
It’s not really talked about in the video below, but one would assume if we’re getting a chat about the first two games, we’re bound to get more videos leading up to the May 29th release of the collection. WHich would be really cool to hear Capcom’s perspective on Street Fighter III and IV and how they managed to keep the series alive and thriving when they had so much competition both in the arcades and on console. We’ll see if they’ve made any in the days that follow, but in the meantime, enjoy the video!
- Capcom Examines the History of the Street Fighter Alpha Series in Latest Video
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Coming to Nintendo Switch in August
- Capcom Previews Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Training and Versus Mode
- Falke is Joining the Street Fighter V Roster Next Week
- Capcom Announces Balancing Update for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
- A Street Fighter TV Series is Coming from eOne
- Final Street #1, a Gender-Flipped Street Fighter Launches in Devil's Due/1First June 2018 Solicits
- Street Fighter V Reveals Nash's Captain Commando Costume
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk Receives a New English Trailer - May 25, 2018
- Fortnite Pros Are Selling Themselves as Squad Bodyguards Online - May 25, 2018
- Dark Souls Remastered Releases a New Enhancements Trailer - May 25, 2018
- Nintendo Releases a New Trailer for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on Switch - May 25, 2018
- Fortnite Shuts Down Jetpacks Almost Immediately After Launch - May 25, 2018