Overwatch’s next map, Rialto will be leaving the PTR tomorrow and making its way into the full game, although there will be a little bit of a wait until it hits competitive.
Overwatch usually spends a while with it map in the PTR. While characters and patches usually take a week or so to transition, maps can take much longer as they are playtested and balanced just right for the game. The newest map Rialto recently hit the test servers, but it seems it is already to make the move over.
The map, which is based on the map in the recently finished event of Retribution, will be landing tomorrow. While it won’t be going straight into the map pool for competitive, it will be available in quick play for players who weren’t part of the PTR to get their hands on. This is to allow players a little hands-on time before risking their SR on the map. One has to wonder if this will see the big rework for Hanzo and the patch for the other characters hit live servers too? My guess is that it almost certainly will.
Having played the map, I have to say, I really love it. It’s one of the best looking and more open and winding maps out there. There are many nooks and crannies to utilise as other characters and seeing what kind of strategies and strengths get found out is always an exciting part of a new map. Just be careful with all the Lucio boops into the Venician river that will undoubtedly befall unsuspecting players.
- Todd Howard Doesn’t Want to Remaster Morrowind - July 20, 2018
- Microsoft Controls Whether Alan Wake and Quantum Break Get Sequels, Says Remedy - July 18, 2018
- Base Game and Previous Expansions Now Part of World of Warcraft’s Subscription - July 18, 2018
- Destiny 2 Adds Bounties Back into the Game Alongside Other Improvements in New Patch - July 18, 2018
- Leak Claims Dragon Ball FighterZ is Adding Base Goku and Vegeta as DLC in August - July 18, 2018