Marvel boss Kevin Feige has a lot to say about a lot of things, and thankfully, he does so publicly and often. One such recent thing (during the Infinity War purple carpet, actually) had to do with the upcoming 21st film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Captain Marvel.
Hopefully by now you’ve seen the 19th MCU film Avengers: Infinity War, so I can talk about that final scene that comes after the credits, because it maybe has something to do with what Kevin Feige said about Captain Marvel. If you HAVEN’T seen it yet, you should maybe probably go read something else as I will be mentioning a spoilery thing.
Ok, so at the very very end of the great purge of heroes by Thanos, we get a Nick Fury post credits scene wherein Maria Hill and Director Fury also disintegrate with the snap of Thanos’ infinity stoned-fingers. Before he goes poof, Nick tries to send a msg on a….S.H.I.E.L.D. beeper….which eventually goes through and displays a logo that Marvel fans have been waiting a long time to see.
It’s of course the Captain Marvel logo, the starburst within a blue and red field. Don’t feel bad if you didn’t recognize it, lots of people didn’t. I myself cheered and clapped, because I’ve been waiting to see Captain Carol Danvers on the big screen.
Theoretically, this means that Fury is activating a beacon, a Captain Marvel signal if you will, and we’ll be seeing her get into the action in the still untiled Avengers: 4 film when it releases next May.
Ok so what’s interesting here is that Marvel Studios boss Feige has called Carol the “most powerful superhero we’ve ever introduced,” which makes sense that the big guns would be needed to take down Thanos.
— Variety (@Variety) May 2, 2018
He goes on to say that Carol’s back story is the most unique and inspiriting, as well as a tease of a very different Nick Fury than we’ve seen in films.
Needless to say, my excitement is off the charts for Captain Marvel, which is set to hit theaters on March 6th 2019.
- 'Captain Marvel' Will be Scored by a Female Composer
- Samuel L. Jackson Talks Brie Larson, 'Captain Marvel'
- Captain Marvel Footage Was Just Shown at CineEurope
- Producer Says Captain Marvel Will Feel Completely Different from Other Origin Movies
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Droppin' Tony and Pepper Avengers: 4 Spoilers in an Interview
- The Avengers Assembled to Get Matching BFF Tattoos
- They Did It – Avengers: Infinity War Hits $1 Billion in Record Time
- Hear Us Out: What If Captain Marvel Ties Into Black Panther
- Gamora Gets a Hot Toys Release from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Thursday, May 3
- Ant-Man and Wasp Battle Ghost in New LEGO Set
- Gemma Chan Shares Images From Her First Day Filming Captain Marvel
- 'Iron Man' 10 Years Later- Bleeding Cool Looks Back at First MCU Film
- Kevin Feige Says Marvel Makes Movies "We Believe In", Russo Brothers Call It "Grand Narrative Experiment"
- ICYMI, 'Ant-Man And The Wasp' Happens Before 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Withholding 'Avengers 4' Title Backfired, Kevin Feige Says
- Marvel-Ous Ladies of MCU Talk Team-Up Film Rumors
- Part 5: Kevin Feige on Everything MCU in New Entertainment Weekly
- Part 4: Kevin Feige on Everything MCU in New Entertainment Weekly
- Part 3: Kevin Feige on Everything MCU in New Entertainment Weekly
- Part 2: Kevin Feige on Everything MCU in New Entertainment Weekly
- Part 1: Kevin Feige on Everything MCU in New Entertainment Weekly
- James Wan Gets Funko Pop, Teases ‘Aquaman’ Battle - June 22, 2018
- Netflix Fires Communications Director for N-Word Use During Meeting - June 22, 2018
- Lucasfilm Source Says They’re Still Making Multiple Spinoff Films - June 22, 2018
- Netflix Shares ‘Stranger Things’ Behind The Scenes Featurette - June 22, 2018
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Comic Con- SDCC Moves In - June 22, 2018